Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ocean Theme Week (or just 2 days)

Since Travis was staying at Grammas and we were going to the beach later this week, I tried to have a "Ocean Week" (thanks Jen for the idea) where we made ocean animals and snacks, listened to ocean music, checked out ocean books from the library and watched ocean movies like Little Mermaid. For those of you who know how uncreative and uncrafty I am, I decided to post proof that with a little help from the internet, even I can help my child have fun in the kitchen!! Lauren had a great time and asked if we could do it again in the fall and winter and do animals and crafts that went along with those seasons also!!

We made edible oceans out of crackers, homemade icing and goldfish
Yummy!! (ok not really they were actually pretty horrible tasting)
I even went and bought paints for the first time ever!!
This was one of Lauren's Octopus' made from her hands. We also made jellyfishes, glitter angelfish and a glitter crab - a blue one of course. I'm going to be cleaning glitter up for months to come!!
Tomorrow we head for the beach just in time for a hurricane to hit the TX coast

2 comments:

Gramma and PaPa said...

What fun!! I think they look great.

Jen said...

Good idea - wink, wink! It is fun and glad you were able to do some creative, fun things with Lauren. Have fun on your trip!